Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Saturday, October 28, 2006

AOL TV Dinner Software

Here’s a little fun AOL history trivia for the weekend. One day, about 20 years ago, I was reading the directions on a TV dinner box and thought they were funny.
The first instruction was “Take the dinner out of the box”.
TV Dinner Box
The next day at work I used this example at a meeting for the AOL software team.  The TV Dinner instructions were written for a particular type of person. My instructions to the team;  I expected our software to be easy enough so even those people could use AOL.

Here are some other fun instructions that someone Emailed me. Since I refuse to forward the Email to ten of my friends I thought I’d share my favorites here.

On a Sears hairdryer -- “Do not use while sleeping.”

On a bag of Fritos -- “You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.”

On a bar of Dial soap -- "Directions: Use like regular soap."

On Nytol Sleep Aid -- "Warning: May cause drowsiness."

On most brands of Christmas lights -- "For indoor or outdoor use only."

On an American Airlines packet of nuts -- "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts."

On a child's Superman costume -- "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."

 

Share on Facebook


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill P.,
Your home page does not show
"Bits from Bill" so I had to go to
news page to bring up "Bits " page.
Did you change it's location
or did it just disappear off the home page.
No need to post this I just
wanted to let you know about it
cause I'm always reading your stuff
to see whats new.
Thanks for the info on IE7
sure glad I'm waiting till all the
bugs are tested on it just like your advise on updates.
You are right to tell us to
wait 7 to 10 days. Your advise is
well taken.
What a rainy day in albany!
John

4:23 PM  
Blogger Jeans Pants said...

I was just blog surfing and found your page. So far it's hilarious. Looking forward to reading more =0)
~Justin

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home